About the Job
To provide system test support to IT releases and projects across the Group. Accepts responsibility for creation of test cases using own in-depth technical analysis of both functional and non-functional specifications (such as reliability, efficiency, usability, maintainability and portability). Creates traceability records, from test cases back to requirements. Produces test scripts to test new and amended software or services. Specifies requirements for environment, data, resources and tools. Interprets, executes and documents complex test scripts using agreed methods and standards. Records and analyses actions and results, and maintains a defect register. Reviews test results and modifies tests if necessary. Provides reports on progress, anomalies, risks and issues associated with the overall project. Reports on system quality and collects metrics on test cases. Provides specialist advice to support others.
- Perform a Test Lead role on a wide range of projects covering integration, enhancements to existing systems / applications, infrastructure / capacity upgrades and the implementation of new systems / applications.
- Document and enforce formal testing processes.
- Produce following deliverables to stakeholders for each project:
- Test case workbook
- Execution plan/schedule
- Regular progress/defect reports
- Test completion report- Metrics (execution statistics to aid planning for future releases)
- Ensure relevant testing deliverables are agreed and formal sign off is obtained.
- Interpret and analyse requirements to produce test specifications and designs and undertake test execution to ensure all software is tested to a high degree.
- Engage with stakeholders and project management
- Manage progress/defect review meetings (frequency dependant on project and phase) to highlight actual test progress against planned and also ensure defects are progressed through to resolution/implementation.
- Ensure that all issues are reported and dealt with in a timely fashion
- Mentor junior member of the team
Key Competencies & Behaviours:
- Leads by example demonstrating proactive approach and disseminates key technical information to team expanding their knowledge and awareness of test procedures
- Plans, schedules and sets own deadlines for delivery and keeps the business updated of progress
- Continually strives for personal improvement and seeks regular feedback on performance
- Has an appreciation of the wider field of information systems and impact of own work on system deployments
- Comfortable operating in a dynamic, fluid environment and applies a degree of flexibility to own working arrangements when required
- Represents the department and encourages constructive feedback in managing customers’ expectations and considers areas for improvement
- Applies analytical approach to test processes and works in a structured and logical way
- Ability to write and maintain clear and concise documentation for all test procedures.
- Applies rigour and challenge in providing robust testing processes
- Articulate and able to discuss ideas and improvements with both technical and non-technical audiences; concise, efficient and professional in the delivery of all verbal or written communication.
- Demonstrates the ability to understand and interpret business information